HOW TO WRITE A STORY (cont.)
Look back at your character web, and see if one of your hero's characteristics can help him or her solve the
problem. It's even better if one of their faults turns out to be a strength.
Ask yourself these questions:
• How does your main character finally solve the problem?
• If possible, can they solve it using their own strength or wits?
• Does the story or character end up back where it started?
• Let your artistic side go, have fun and be creative. Write your story all the way through before you edit it. Only let your Inner Editor work on the story after your Inner Artist has finished.
• Think about a story you like. What makes it good? Can you identify main character, setting, problem and resolution?
• Writing is rewriting. Write until you're satisfied with your story. Feel free to change and rewrite to make it stronger.
• Are you having fun? If so, wonderful. If not, make it fun.
Press HERE to go back to the Fun Page.